All equipment is either property of the State of Oregon or property of the agency sponsoring your research. You are the custodian, not the owner.
- Equipment purchases on Grants MUST BE BUDGETED.
- If you "split-fund" an equipment purchase such that each index pays less than $5,000.00 the item is still equipment and must be budgeted and allowable. The cost of the item determines its accounting treatment, not the source of the dollars.
- Do not attempt to pay for equipment purchased using "split-funding" unless you check with the Business Office first. Using more than one index for payment can cause problems and delayed payment.
- Do not take property off campus without filling out an Equipment Loan Agreement (Word document) form.
- If you lend the University equipment or use equipment borrowed from elsewhere, complete the appropriate form: Personal Property Loan Agreement (PDF) form.
- Equipment items are tagged and inventoried. We must report any change of location of the item(s), so please keep the Business Office informed if you move the equipment.
- IF YOU LEAVE THE UNIVERSITY, you cannot take equipment with you even on a continuing research project without completing an Equipment Loan Agreement (Word document) form. Contact the Business Office as soon as you can to make arrangements for a smooth transition.