The Coffee Cup Coup is a campaign founded in the belief that together, we can overthrow the tyranny of the disposable cup.
Why, you say? Because...
- 3,000 coffee cups are thrown away every day at OSU.
- They are never recyclable.
- Reusable mugs save you money...and save the world.
Join the movement.
How to Join
- Refuse disposable cups and always carry a reusable mug with you.
- Attend an event. See below for details.
- Join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by using the hashtag #CoffeeCupCoup, and by liking, commenting on, and sharing posts from others!
- Volunteer for the campaign by attending weekly Waste Watcher meetings or contacting Andrea Norris via email or at 541-737-5398.
Coffee Cup Coup Events
Dumpster Audit Findings
The Waste Watchers audited a campus dumpster to sort out disposable coffee cups and found:
- Just one 6-yd dumpster had 563 disposable coffee cups.
- Disposable coffee cups alone constituted 9% of the weight and 10% of the volume of the dumpster.
It's clear that reducing single-use coffee cups will have a significant impact on campus-wide trash. Please join the movement and invite your friends and colleagues to as well.
For More Information
The Coup is a campaign of the Waste Watchers, a student club coordinated by Campus Recycling and the Student Sustainability Initiative. Please direct questions to Andrea Norris via email or at 541-737-5398.