2018 Class Materials
Please complete readings and reflections prior to each class. Presentations will be posted as they become available.
January 9 - Course Overview and Landfill
January 16 - Composting and Vermicomposting
Saturday, January 20 - Field Trip: Landfill & PRC (Required)
- Meet at the Corvallis Republic Services main parking lot (view on Google Maps) by 9:00 am. We will be back by 12:30 pm.
January 23 - Waste Reduction and Reuse
January 30 - Recycling: Curbside Collection
Class was rescheduled to February 27 (see below).
Thursday, February 1 - Field Trip: MRF and Glass to Glass (Optional)
- Meet at the Corvallis Republic Services main parking lot (view on Google Maps) by 8:00 am. We will be back by 3:00 pm.
February 6 - Recycling: Special Materials
February 13 - Household Hazardous Waste
Saturday, February 17 - Field Trip: OSU Sustainability (Required)
February 20 - Community Sustainability
February 27 - Recycling: Curbside Collection
(This class was rescheduled after being canceled on January 30.)
March 6 - Pay Back Plans and Potluck
(This class was pushed out one week due to January 30 class cancelation. Attendance is optional but strongly encouraged.)
- Please bring a potluck dish to share and your own reusable serving ware set!
- Reading: Chp 8: Community Outreach
- Reflection: Pages 157-158
- Project breakout group topics:
- Develop an online source for updates and current recycling info
- Letter-writing campaign regarding store packaging
- Facilitate a community-based tool swap or rental option(s)
- Broaden and promote local repair opportunities
- Resource: Tips for Speaking with the Public
- Resource: Possible Payback Hours
If you have trouble downloading files, please contact Andrea Norris.
Go back to Master Recycler Home