Who are the Waste Watchers?
Waste Watchers is a joint group between Campus Recycling and the Student Sustainability Initiative whose mission is to engage students and the community in waste reduction at OSU by providing educational programming, meaningful opportunities for action, and empowerment of future leaders.
You can become a Waste Watcher too by volunteering with us (see opportunities below)! Meet some of our volunteers in this video and see group leaders on our chair positions page.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Check back for more information at the start of the 2017-18 school year! Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive 2-4 emails per month with upcoming events and volunteer opportunities to keep you informed about recycling at OSU!
Previous Volunteer Opportunities
Waste Watchers 2016-17 Spring Meetings
- Wednesdays, April 5 - June 7, 2017,* 5:30-7:00 pm
- *No meeting held during week 6 (May 10) due to the Repair Fair
- 112 Student Experience Center
- Want to join a group of students who work on creative ways to encourage others to reduce waste? The Waste Watchers might be the right fit for you. The team plans events and marketing at their weekly meetings (this term we will work on Beyond Earth Day, the Repair Fair, #BeavsRecycle and more). Attendance is not required every week, so come by when you can. Snacks provided. Info about the group at http://tiny.cc/wastewatchers.
2017 Spring Repair Fair
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017, various shifts between 4:30 and 8:30 pm
- OSUsed Store, 644 SW 13th St.
- Volunteers are needed to assist with repairs (all skills welcome) as well as in support roles such as greeting attendees, taking photos, etc.
- Meets Mondays (Spring term 2017), 3:30-4:30 pm
- SSI Office, 206A Student Experience Center
- Help work behind the scenes in planning and carrying out marketing and events for the #BeavsRecycle campaign.
2017 Move Out Donation Drive
- June 8-20th, 2017, various shifts from 8am-7pm
- OSUsed Store, 644 SW 13th St. & Grace Lutheran Church Parking Lot (Harrison St and Kings Blvd.)
- Volunteers are needed to staff the events, assisting with receiving and sorting donations
For More Information
If you have questions about the Waste Watchers or volunteer opportunities, please contact Andrea Norris via email or 541-737-5398.