Who are the Waste Watchers?
Waste Watchers is a joint group between Campus Recycling and the Student Sustainability Initiative whose mission is to engage students and the community in waste reduction at OSU by providing educational programming, meaningful opportunities for action, and empowerment of future leaders.
You can become a Waste Watcher too by volunteering with us (see opportunities below)! Meet some of our volunteers in this video and see group leaders on our chair positions page.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive 2-4 emails per month with upcoming events and volunteer opportunities to keep you informed about recycling at OSU!
Get to Know Us at our Meet 'n' Eat
- Tues, Sept 26, 5:30-6:30 pm
- 206 Student Experience Center
- Join the Waste Watchers Club and save the world from the scourge of waste! Nosh on pizza, meet fellow people who share your interests in sustainability and learn about our waste-fighting squad! Interested but can't make it? Contact Andrea by email or call 541-737-5398. Join the Facebook event here.
Vote for our Weekly Fall 2017 Meeting Time
- Interested in working with other students to plan events and marketing that will encourage others to reduce waste? Join our weekly Waste Watchers meetings! Vote for our weekly meeting time in this poll by Tues, Sept 26 at 6:30 pm.
Waste Watchers Fall 2017 Meetings
- Days and times TBD
- 206 Student Experience Center (tentative)
- Want to join a group of students who work on creative ways to encourage others to reduce waste? The Waste Watchers might be the right fit for you. Our team plans events and marketing at our weekly meetings (this term we will work on the Repair Fairs, America Recycles Day, our new campaign on reducing wasted food and more). Attendance is not required every week, so come by when you can. Snacks provided.
Wasted Food Campaign Committee
- Details are coming soon on how to join this committee!
For More Information
If you have questions about the Waste Watchers or volunteer opportunities, please contact Andrea Norris via email or 541-737-5398.