Office facilities include both offices and office related service areas. An office is defined as a room or suite of rooms equipped with desks, chairs, files, bookcases, computers, etc. that is assigned to one or more persons primarily for the performance of administrative duties other than meeting of classes. An office service area is defined as an area, which directly supports an office (or group of offices) as an extension of the activities in an office.
- Staff Offices: An office used by staff in the performance of their regularly assigned duties, including clerical, stenographic, receptionist and also any management personnel not included as an administrative position.
- Faculty Offices: A room assigned to a faculty member for the performance of duties other than the meeting of classes.
- Administrative Offices: A room or suite of rooms used by administrative personnel for the performance of administrative duties, including rooms generally referred to as the offices of presidents, business managers, all deans, associate and assistant deans serving the entire institution (such as deans of administration, faculty and graduate school), registrars, directors of admissions, dean of students, placement directors and director of student counseling.
- Student Offices: An office or portion of an office used by employed students for the performance of duties other than the meeting of classes, including Graduate Research Assistant (GRA), Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA), Work Study Students and Practicum.
- Office Service Spaces: A space that directly serves an office or group of offices as an extension of the activities in those spaces, such as file rooms, break rooms, kitchenettes serving office areas, copy and fax rooms, vaults, closets, private rest rooms not available to the public, records rooms, office supply rooms, first aid rooms serving office areas, student counseling rooms and testing (assessment, non-health, non-discipline-related) rooms, and open and private (restricted/nonpublic) circulation areas.
- Conference Rooms: A space serving an office complex and used primarily for staff meetings and departmental activities.
- Conference Room Service Spaces: A space that directly serves one or more conference spaces as an extension of the activities in those spaces.