Support Sustainability at Oregon State University
There are now TWO ways you can financially support sustainability at OSU!
- By giving to the Sustainability Fund, operated by the OSU Foundation, your donation can support a variety of projects and initiatives. Some are listed below as Gift Opportunities. If you'd rather not specify a Gift Opportunity, you may make a general donation to the Sustainability Fund or contact us.
Gifts in any amount are welcome. Be sure to specify "Sustainability Fund" and follow the format below in How to Give.
- On a selected basis, individuals or organizations with an Oregon tax liability can take a tax credit on behalf of OSU under the State of Oregon's Business Energy Tax Credit (BETC) program. Because OSU has no tax liability, but does have projects eligible for BETC funding, you can provide support to OSU at no cost to you, AND retain valuable tax credits. Contact us to find out how to participate.
Current Gift Opportunities
In April 2007, OSU students passed an $8.50 per student per term fee to offset the electrical energy used on the OSU campus. Non-students can match the student contribution with an annual gift of $25. Money raised will be combined with student funds to move toward the goal of greening 100% of OSU's electrical supply, over 75% of which is derived from coal burning power plants.
The 2002 construction of Kelley Engineering Center prompted the relocation of the original 1972 People's Park. In 2007, students funded a landscape plan and need your help to move the park from concept to reality.
How to Give
There are two ways to make a gift.
- Visit the OSU Foundation website.
- Use “other amount” to enter your desired gift size.
- At “other designation” specify which project you wish to support. For example, enter “Sustainability Fund–renewable energy.” *
- Click "Continue" and fill in the necessary information.
- Make checks payable to “OSU Foundation.”
- In the memo line, specify which project you wish to support. For example, enter “Sustainability Fund–People's Park.” *
- Mail the check to the OSU Sustainability Office, Oak Creek Building, Corvallis, Oregon 97331 and it will be processed through the OSU Foundation.
*If you do not wish to specify a Gift Opportunity, enter "Sustainability Fund" at this step to make a general donation.
Thanks for helping make OSU more sustainable!