The OSU Sustainability Advisory Council was formed in fall 2011 by the Provost, the Vice President for Finance and Administration and the Sustainability Officer. In 2018, the Council focus expanded to promote connection of sustainability practitioners across campus and provide a support network for those doing sustainability work.
The Council supports those working within the sustainability community and also serves in an advisory capacity for OSU leadership. The Council is intended to move quickly and flexibly on important and emerging sustainability issues in alignment with OSU Strategic Goals:
- Success that transforms our learners and our world.
- Leadership that integrates scholarship, creativity and collaboration throughout learning and discovery.
- Expansion of the university’s diversity, reach and service across Oregon, throughout the nation and around the world.
- Provide feedback to OSU leadership regarding institutional goals, priorities, policies, programs and strategies (including the Strategic Plan) that advance or hinder sustainability progress
- Coordinate campus wide and partner organization sustainability programs in alignment with the OSU Strategic Plan OSU sustainability commitments and goals (e.g. carbon neutrality)
- Provide advice and problem solving to fellow Council members
- Support the work of sustainability professionals in units across the university
- Unlock opportunities for students, staff, and faculty from across campus, and beyond, to connect with each other and work on pressing sustainability issues
Current Council Membership
- Eric Beeler, Student Sustainability Initiative
- Emily Bowling, Center for Civic Engagement
- Sarah Bronstein, Transportation Services
- Leticia Cavazos, Sustainability Office
- Andrea Norris, Campus Recycling
- Zac Pinard, Associated Students of Oregon State University
- Ann Scheerer, Sustainability Double Degree
- Brandon Trelstad, Sustainability Office
The Council periodically seeks interested faculty to serve in a visiting member position. For more information please contact us or visit the Faculty Senate website.