Section 07 72 00: Roofing Accessories
- Fall protection
- During the design phase, request a voluntary consultation with OSHA via EH&S to review fall protection requirements/needs.
- OSHA requirements for fall protection and safety railings at roof perimeters are to be followed.
- Fall protection systems are required on every new roof and every re-roofing project if not already present.
- Preferred locations for tie-off mounts are on vertical walls or parapets. Horizontal locations that require additional deck and/or roofing penetrations shall be avoided.
- Snow and Ice Protection
- Design roofs to protect people from ice and snow slides from building roofs. Assure that all walks and building entries are safe distances from slide zones.
- Ice and Snow Guards shall be installed above pedestrian walkways on metal roofs