Campus Facilities and Grounds
Section 007: Campus Facilities and Grounds Policies and Procedures
a. The heating and cooling policy governs the practice for temperature control for occupied university facilities during normal working hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, for most buildings).
Where applicable, the temperatures specified in the building’s design criteria will be used.
b. Call the Facilities Services Work Coordination Center at 541-737-2969 if heating or cooling needs adjusting.
c. Heating Occupied Spaces
- A minimum of 68oF is maintained during normal building use hours, unless adjusted to meet unforeseen constraint or demand.
- After-hours space temperatures are set between 58-62oF
d. Cooling Occupied Spaces (where available)
- A maximum of 76oF is maintained during normal building use hours, unless adjusted to meet unforeseen constraint or demand.
- After-hours cooling is not provided.
e. Alternate Heating/Cooling Schedules
- Requests for alternate heating/cooling schedules should be processed through the Work Coordination Center.
- Requests for alternative heating/cooling limits should be verified against building design specifications and then processed through the Work Coordination Center and approved by the Facilities Services Director.
g. Prohibited Equipment
- Electric space heaters that do not meet current UL standards or which cause electrical circuit overloading. Questions concerning UL standards shall be referred to Environmental Health & Safety personnel.
- User-installed self-contained portable air conditioning units.
- Any exceptions must be approved in writing by the Facilities Services Director.