* This information replaces PAY 801 Voluntary Deductions
Voluntary deductions are those deductions not required by law, but authorized by the employee. State statues dictate what the university may and may not deduct from employee paychecks. Among the deductions that are permitted:
- Benefit Package deductions including Life & Disability, Dental & Medical Insurance. These are administered through the OSU Employee Benefits Office.
- Certain tax deferred investments and retirements.
- Philanthropic deductions such as the Food Drive or Charitable Fund Drive (United Way).
- Other voluntary items include union dues & related deductions, staff parking permits etc.
Many, but not all, voluntary deductions require annual re-authorization, depending on the specific deduction involved.