Manager of Analytical Ops
University Policy & Standards Converted:
Friday, March 18, 2016
* This information replaces FIS 801-09 Fiscal Year End Processing of Journal Vouchers
Each year, the Office of Business Affairs distributes Year End Closing instructions with specific dates and deadlines for that year.
- All journal vouchers for the current year accounting records may be processed after June 30, so long as they contain a June transaction date and are completed by the July date specified in the current year schedule. Starting July 1, head each JV “text” with the fiscal year that the transaction is for (ie FY20xx).
- Redistributions for the current fiscal year need to be made by the deadline for period 12 JV’s. Any attempt to make prior year redistribution’s in the new fiscal year will be reviewed for the effect on financial statements. No retroactive redistributions will be allowed which affect Program Codes or are between funding sources (restricted, general, and auxiliary).
- The Office of Budget and Fiscal Planning current fiscal year budget adjustments for over/under realized revenue, graduate tuition fee remission and graduate assistant salary supplement will be completed and posted to unit indexes by the date specified in the current year schedule.
- All current year budget change requests between units and/or between funds (those that cannot be completed using unit 1xxx rule codes) must be submitted to the Office of Budget and Fiscal Planning by the date specified in the current year schedule.
- All current fiscal year unit budget change JVs (using departmental 1xxx rule codes) processed after the close of business on June 30 must carry a June transaction date. Unit budget change JVs must be completed and approved by the date specified in the current year schedule for year-end close.
If units have a budget adjustment need after the specified July date, contact the Office of Budget and Fiscal Planning.