Standards for Communicating Administrative Policy & Procedures
Adopted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 by:
Vice President of Finance & Administration
Director of Business Affairs
Director of Property, Contracts/Risk Management, Property Management
Director of Budget/Fiscal Planning
Director of Public Safety
Director of Human Resources
Associate Vice President of Finance & Administration and Director of Facility Services
Head of Finance & Administration for OSU Cascades Campus
- Administrative Departments will communicate written policies and procedures (p&p) only through their department/unit P&P manuals located on the main OSU Web page for F&A Administrative Manuals.
- Email, bulletins (hard copy or electronic), department web sites and forms or any other written media type may not state the actual policy or procedure. However, they may:
- Explain, expand or clarify a policy or procedure,
- Introduce a new policy or procedure, or
- Announce the revision to a policy or procedure.
All electronic communications explaining, introducing, announcing a revision to or referencing a policy or procedure will contain a hyperlink to the policy or procedure in the appropriate manual. All hard copy communications must contain the URL to the online policy or procedure.
- Exceptions to the standards will be made on a case-by-case basis for emergency situations, confidential or security policies and procedures, to protect the university from civil liability, when a change in the law immediately imposes a new duty or obligation on the University, or other similar situations.