Payroll Policy and Procedure Manual
Section 400: Payment of Unclassified Employees
- 405 Stipend
- 405-01 Payment Process
- 405-02 Pay Change and Labor Distribution Forms
- 405-03 Pay Methods - Default Pay
- 405-04 Social Security Exemption
- 405-05 Accounting for Labor Charges
Additional payments to unclassified staff associated with additional duties added to an employee's current job on a temporary basis.
405-01 Payment Process
After logging in on the Oregon State Central Administrative Resources (OSCAR) website, click on "Online Tasks" - "Payroll Changes" - "Employment Changes" - "Unclassified" and complete the Base Pay Rate (Pay Change Form).
405-02 Pay Change and Labor Distribution Forms
405-02a Pay Change Form
- The Pay Change Form is used to establish the stipend amount and length and to report changes in amounts and length of stipend.
- After logging in on the Oregon State Central Administrative Resources (OSCAR) website, click on "Online Tasks" - "Payroll Changes" - "Employment Changes" - "Unclassified" and complete the Base Pay Rate (Pay Change Form).
- Pay Change forms should be routed to OHR.
405-02b Labor Distribution Form
- The Labor Distribution Form is used to report changes to prior, current, or future distributions
- To obtain this form, log onto OSCAR, click on "Online Tasks" - "Payroll Changes" scroll to "Miscellaneous" - "Labor Distribution form" (excel format).
- Labor Distribution forms should be sent directly to the Payroll Office for changes of labor distributions.
405-03 Pay Methods - Default
- Default Pay is used for all monthly stipend payments
- Pay is issued for the period from the first of the month through the end of the month.
405-04 Social Security Exemption
All academic employees are subject to Social Security and Medicare withholding unless they qualify for a non-resident alien exemption.
405-05 Accounting for Labor Charges
Labor is charged to specific indexes and account codes. Use of activity codes is the choice of the department.
- Must be an open index owned by the employing department.
- Must remain open through the last day of the month payment is issued to the employee.
405-05b Account Code
SeePAY-Ex1: Unclassified Appointment Information Matrix.