Payroll Policy and Procedure Manual
Section 600: Special Payment Situations
Effective: 01/01/2001
Revised: 3/4/2015

A replacement check may be issued when a payroll check has been lost, stolen, or destroyed. The employee must report to the Central Payroll Office to complete and sign a Lost Check Affidavit. There is a three business day waiting period between date of  the original check's issuance and when the lost check affidavit may be filed with Central Payroll. It may take up to three additional business days before the replacement check is available. There is also a $10.00 fee to place a stop payment on the original check.