The Withycombe Hall Renovation will redesign both the east and west sides of the building for capital improvement and renewal of building systems. The Dairy Processing Facility will be prioritized in the first phase to create a research and learning space for the dairy science program and a public outreach retail space for products produced in the program.
The renovation includes;
- Seismic safety improvements
- Fire and life safety system improvements and renewal
- Accessibility improvements
- Plumbing renewal
- HVAC improvements with efficiency, carbon reduction, laboratory safety and occupant comfort as goals. Chilled water cooling will be supplied from the new North District Utility Plant (NDUP), constructed alongside the Cordley Renovation project.
- Electrical service and lighting renewal
- Roof and rooftop systems renewal
- General interior and exterior finish renewal
- Major and minor interior configuration changes for usefulness and efficiency