- Office Paper (copier and printer paper, file folders, note paper, computer paper, brochures)
- Junk mail (envelopes, letters, catalogs, etc.)
- Greeting cards (no foil or glitter)
- Paperback books
- Spiral or bound notebooks
- Paper bags
- White/gray/brown paper packing material
- Paperboard (heavy, non-corrugated paper such as cereal boxes)
Instructions: Place in the nearest bagstand or bin labled "Paper." Bindings on paperback books and notebooks can stay on. Paper should be greater than 2x2 inches in size (2x2 or smaller should be thrown away, composted if it is 100% paper or can be collected separately as "shredded paper" and processed as a special recyclable).
NOT in this bin: Place corrugated cardboard in outdoor cardboard cages. Hardback books and shredded paper are not accepted in Paper bins but departments may collect them separately in a bag or box and process them as a special recyclable.
NOT recyclable: cartons and aseptic containers, butcher paper, egg cartons, coffee/soda paper cups (learn why in this video), napkins, paper towels, paper plates, or other items not on the accepted list.
- Papers with confidential/sensitive information
Instructions: Place in nearest confidential cart if you have one, or pack in box, mark 'to be shredded', and request pickup.
Fees apply. Read more on our Confidential Records page.