Students have the option to upload their photo through our MyCard web portal at no additional charge. Your first ID card is $25 and it is automatically billed to your student account the first term you are enrolled at OSU. Replacement cards are $30. Uploaded photos must meet the following requirements
- JPEG format, color photo (no black and white)
- No larger than 1500 x 2000 pixels
- At least 300 x 400 pixels
- File size can be no larger than 2048 KB
- Resolution must be at least 72 dpi
- Photo must be from the top of shoulders to top of head with some blank space above the head
- Looking straight ahead (no profile or 3/4 angle)
- No hats, caps, scarves, eyeglasses or sunglasses
- No animals or props
- Solid white background
- A straight face or smile. No funny faces, please
- NOTE: If your photo does not accurately represent you, you will be asked to retake your picture at the University ID Center before we issue your card to you.
You will receive a notification if your photo is accepted or denied. If your picture is accepted, the email will tell you when you may pick up your ID Card. If it is denied, the email will give you further instructions. Submission of inappropriate or offensive photographs may be reported to the OSU Student Conduct office as a violation of OSU Student Conduct Regulations, 576-015-0020, Section 6.
You will need to have one of the following forms of Photo ID to pick up your ID Card
- DMV issued State Driver License/Identification Card (with photo, name, date of birth, etc.)
- U.S. Military ID Card
- U.S. Permanent Resident Card
If you are a newly admitted student and you are coming for START, you may pick up your card after you have met with your advisor and register for classes. All others may pick up their card when stated in the email notification you receive after you submit your photo. If you are not submitting a photo online, you may come to the ID Center to have your photo taken and you will be issued your card immediately. ID Cards will not be issued until after the student has registered for classes.