About OSU Repair Fairs
Repair Fairs are an event series sponsored by the student group Waste Watchers, a joint group of Campus Recycling and the Student Sustainability Initiative.
In fall 2017, small "pop-up" fairs were hosted in weeks 6 and 10 in high traffic areas on campus. See winter offering below. Format and frequency in spring 2018 is to-be-determined.
Details for each fair vary, so stay tuned to this page for information about upcoming fairs.
Why Repair Fairs?
We believe in providing a space that allows us to exchange ideas rather than dollars, developing people into fixers rather than consumers, and reusing materials rather than wasting them. We offer Repair Fairs to realize this vision. We believe you will benefit by:
- Save Money: Score free repairs so you don’t have to buy more stuff.
- Gain Skills: Connect with others to learn new skills or share your own.
- Reduce Waste: Save your beloved belongings and conserve natural resources.
Winter Repair Fair
When: Thursday, February 15, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Where: OSUsed Store, 644 SW 13th St.
Bring your broken items and volunteers will help you learn how to repair your belongings; attend demos to learn more skills! Free and open to all.
Repair Skills Offered:
- Appliances & Electronics (small items only, please)
- Computer Diagnostics
- Housewares (furniture, ceramics, lamps, etc.)
- Musical instruments (guitar strings and woodwinds only)
- Wood Furniture
Note: We don’t have spare parts, but will do our best to repair what we can and/or refer you to where you could find the parts you need. If you have parts already, we may be able to help you install them.
Drop-In D.I.Y. Demonstrations
Demonstrations will be drop-in style - come by anytime in the listed timeframe for a hands-on demo.
5:30 - 6:30 PM
- What’s Your Carbon Footprint? Do you want to know what area of your life you could improve to be more sustainable? Come by and calculate how much carbon you are producing so you know your target areas! (Leader: Keava Campbell, OSU Sustainability Office)
6:30 - 7:30 PM
- D.I.Y. Body Scrub: Learn how to make your own sugar scrub while being eco-friendly AND saving some money! (Leader: Olivia Harband, OSU Waste Watcher)
- D.I.Y. Succulent Plant Care: Come and pick up your free succulent and learn how to plant them in our provided recycled containers and how to take care of them! (Leader: Andrea Norris, OSU Campus Recycling)
Directions: We are located at 644 SW 13th St. in Corvallis; see a map of the entrance and parking here; view our building on Google Maps here. Please enter through the warehouse gate on 13th Street, between A Ave. and the railroad tracks. City buses 3, 6 and 8 stop within 2-4 blocks of our building while routes 1, 5 and 7 stop 6 blocks away at 11th & Monroe (view full details on the Corvallis Transit System website or use Google Transit to find the best option for you).
Join this event on Facebook here to receive updates.
For questions, accommodation requests, or to volunteer, please contact Andrea Norris via email or at 541-737-5398.