Property Management Policy & Procedure Manual
Section 000: Introductory Material
The Property Disposition Request (PDR) form is used to remove assets from inventory. Fixed Assets Property Management - Financial Accounting & Analysis (FA&A) will complete a PDR for any asset disposed of through the Surplus Property monthly reports. Fixed Assets will also prepare PDRs for assets released by Contract sponsors that do not meet OSU’s capital threshold. For other types of disposal, departments should complete this form, attach any necessary documentation, and forward to Fixed Assets Property Management. See PRO 800: Equipment Disposal for additional information on the disposal of OSU equipment.
- Type of Request: Check appropriate box.
- Department Name: Type department’s name.
- ORG: Enter the ORG number the asset is associated with or leave blank, if not known.
- Date: Type the month, day and year the disposition is being initiated.
- PTag #: Enter 6-digit asset tag number or leave blank, if not known.
- Cap Fund: Enter Capitalization Fund or leave blank, if not known.
- Cap Acct: Enter Capitalization Account or leave blank if not known.
- Description: Enter the following information from the asset record: Description, Manufacturer, Model, and Serial number.
- Year Acquired: Type the year from the “Received Date” field of the asset record.
- Acquisition Cost: Enter the original purchase cost of the asset.
- Remaining Book Value: Type the “Total Net Book Value” from the asset record. This is the depreciated value.
- Sale or Trade-in Price: Enter the Surplus sale price; for trade-ins enter the value of the credit offered by the vendor.
- List reason(s) for disposition: Explain the disposition of the asset and note if there is any supporting documentation attached.
- Trade-In: include the vendor name, purchase order number if available, amount of trade-in credit, and a brief description of the new item being purchased.
- Lost or stolen property: explain the circumstances of the loss and include the police case number, if any. Attach a copy of the Preliminary Loss of State Property Report form.
- Missing: Explain why the equipment cannot be located.
- Return to owner: include information on who the property has been returned to. Attach a copy of the written instructions, if property is returned to a third-party.
- Transfer to another state agency: include specific information on the person and agency receiving the equipment, including address, telephone number and contact information.
- Salvage or Scrap: include information on the circumstances – was the unit non-functional?
- Print Name of Requestor/Submitter: Type or print the name of the requester.
- Signature of Requestor/Submitter: Signature of the requestor/submitter (typically the responsible person/custodian listed on the asset record) or signature of the departmental inventory coordinator.
- Date: Date signed by Requestor/Submitter.
- Print Name of Department Head/Director: Type or print the name of the Department Head or Director.
- Signature of Department Head/Director: Signature of the department head or designee. Must be someone other than the person who signs as the Requestor/Submitter.
- Date: Date signed by Department Head or Director.
Note: Do not type or write below the two signature blocks. These areas are to be completed by Fixed Assets Property Management.